Thursday, March 24, 2011

Study Abroad Excitement


Now that spring break is over and midterms are upon us once again, it's nice to have something to look forward to. In February I applied to study abroad next semester in Parma, Italy and a few days before spring break I found out that I was accepted!! I spend my free time now filling out applications, reading course offerings, and looking up pictures of Italy. I have heard so many good things about people's experiences when they went abroad and I can't wait to experience it for myself!

Coming into BC, I thought I wanted to study abroad, but I didn't know definitely. I was nervous about being so far away from home and my family and friends. I don't know the Italian language well and I didn't want to be in a foreign country by myself. Eventually I decided that I was never going to have an opportunity like this again and that any initial anxiety would be worth it in the long run. I could not be happier with my choice. I am so excited for my trip. I already know some of the people that I'll be studying in Parma with so I won't be alone.

College is the time to push yourself towards opportunities that seem daunting at first. If you want something, go for it. I think you'll surprise yourself about how much you can handle.

No comments: