Sunday, March 20, 2011

First week back: BC Hockey and the North End

It's nearly impossible to describe the joy I felt upon walking on BC turf again after break. I suppose it would be something like a child adopting a puppy (Yes, that kind of joy). All of the snow has melted and the freshman quad on Upper Campus has become a utopia for everyone; if anyone were to look outside their window on any given day this week, he would see people laying on the lawn studying, playing basketball, football and baseball, and even sitting in trees talking to friends (that would be me).

Saint Patrick's Day was also this week, and it was really fun to see over ninety percent of the campus - not an exaggeration - wearing green of some sort. The undergraduate government of BC, also known as UGBC, also hosted a dance for St. Patty's Day, with a "Lucky Charms" theme. In order to get into the dance, you had to track down the "charms" around campus. They were in the shape of the Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows, and they could be seen everywhere: hanging from trees, sitting on benches, etc. I didn't get a chance to go to the dance, but I heard very good reviews, which is typical of any UGBC event.

This week was also significant for BC Hockey. Our incredible team is going for #1 in the National Championships for the second year in a row. I attended the Hockey East tournament games against Northeastern and Merrimack College this weekend, witnessing two of the most stressful but exciting games of my life. When we took home the trophy, Superfans from all over rejoiced, and I cheered until I lost my voice. It was awesome.

In Boston, this week was Restaurant week, in which you can get a great deal on meals in the city in specific restaurants. I went with a group of friends to the North End (the Italian section of Boston near Faneuil Hall) and got a three-course lunch for just twenty bucks. This was one of the many times when I've been incredibly grateful to go to school just a T (Boston's train) ride from Boston. Spring break, we had some good times, but BC is the place to be.

Kristen
CSOM 2014

P.S. Here's a picture of the beautiful Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market at night:

No comments: