Thursday, March 3, 2011

Escaping into Boston

In all the "excitement" of midterms week(s) it's pretty easy to get caught up in the routine of staying on campus and just studying. My friend and I decided to take a break from all the stress and go out to breakfast in Boston on a Tuesday morning. One of the major reasons I chose to come to BC is because of it's location. I love having a home here on campus, but then being able to get to the amazing city of Boston so quickly. Being so close to Boston is what made it so easy to go in quickly to eat and escape campus on a weekday morning. I had actually never gone into Boston before class so I felt awesome having this new experience. We took the T (Boston's subway) into the North End and had breakfast at one of my favorite places in the whole city, Mike's Pastry. (If you ever want cannoli or any other Italian cookies/pastries, go to Mike's. They have the greatest tasting treats... they're delicious!!) We then walked back to the T and made it back in time for my class at noon. I don't think I've had a better morning at BC. What's great about BC is that we can explore Boston and all the opportunities it presents and then be able to come "home" to campus when we're done.

Alyssa
Boston College '13

No comments: