Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meet and Greet with a little Homecoming

Hey Guys,

This is my first blog so I thought I'd take a little time to introduce myself. I'm Dan Rimm, a sophomore in the Carroll School of Management. BC actually wasn't my first choice, or even really on my radar until I got in. I only visited once I was accepted and trying to make my final decision but once I got on campus and took the tour I knew that this was where I wanted to go. That's basically how I got here and I can honestly say now that I'm here I haven't regretted my decision for a minute.

I've always loved sports and music and I've found that BC is great for these. There's been nothing quite like the feeling of Saturday afternoon football games when you're surrounded by a sea of gold or watching your school's hockey team win the national championship. These are things at BC that I'll never forget.

As for me the biggest thing I'm involved in on campus is UGBC or the Undergraduate Government of Boston College. I'm part of the campus entertainment part of UGBC and we are the group who puts on the concerts, pep rallies and dances at BC. For me this has been a great part of college. I have met artists such as The Fray and seen how a concert is put together, from the building of the stage to the actual performance. It is absolutely an experience I could not imagine having anywhere else.

This leads to the last part of my post which is Homecoming which was this weekend. UGBC ran homecoming this year so after going over the logistics of loading students onto buses and other basic things I loaded onto a bus and headed out for homecoming. This year homecoming was held at Boston's House of Blues and featured the artist White Panda. It was great to see so many of my classmates all dressed up and having a great time dancing and just socializing with friends. I loved it and will definitely be going next year.

Anyways sorry for the long first post but I just thought I would let you know a little about me. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and look out for more posts soon!

-Dan
rimmd@bc.edu

No comments: