Thursday, March 25, 2010

My first blog post.....& CSOM March

Hey all!

My name is Dara Fang and I am currently a freshman in the Carroll School of Management concentrating in Accounting and (currently) International Studies. I'm originally from Shrewsbury, MA (roughly 45 minutes west of BC) and this is (obviously) my first blog post. I'm excited to be blogging about life at BC, CSOM, and Boston!

March has been a very busy month for me. In between the Spring Break and Easter, there have been plentiful projects, midterms, papers, readings, and meetings to keep me continually on my toes and out of my room. The big news on the streets of the Heights, of course, is the recent BusinessWeek rankings for CSOM. In case you didn't hear already, CSOM was ranked the #9 best undergraduate business school! Yay!

With all that added glory, the work and pressure to be the best is sure to be harder. As we speak (...or I type), I am reading about Cost of Goods Sold and Inventory Costs for my Financial Accounting course, planning an ad campaign for the Google Online Marketing Challenge for my Computers in Management course, reading Hegel for Perspectives (a Philosophy/Theology course), and plowing through a chapter on "The Monetary System" for Macroeconomics. Get excited!

On top of that, I am also a member of the Business Board of The Heights and the Mentoring Leadership Program (a part of the Undergraduate Government of BC). We are currently planning a freshman dance (Glowfest, complete with black lights, neon paint, and glow sticks) and other exciting initiatives!

Now that I am acquainted with this blogging business, I will be posting as much as possible so tune in for my freshman year stories, being on The Heights, and MLP, and classes!

Until next time!

-Dara

No comments: