Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hockey Banner Raising

Hey Everyone,

Quick blog here but I just wanted to quickly talk about this weekends Banner Raising Ceremony. Im a pretty big college hockey fan so I thought this was awesome. It was the night of the first home game for BC this year Conte, the rink was packed. I went with all my friends to the student section early so we could get some good seats right behind the opposing goalie. The actual ceremony started a little after we got there. They showed a quick video with BC's success in the past decade and then brought out members of the past championship teams. Finally they unveiled the new banner and it was like something I've never seen before. The feeling of seeing a national championship banner unrolled and hoisted in your school is like anything else. It has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Another good thing was that this signaled the start of a new hockey season which I cant wait for. Anyways thats all for now and I cant wait for the next banner to be hoisted up (hopefully!).

-Dan

No comments: