Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hello! An Introduction



Hi everybody! Like many of the other recent posts, I am here to introduce myself as a new member of the blog. My name is Seth Yarkony and I am a freshman in the Carroll School of Management here at BC. I intend to concentrate in Management & Leadership and Marketing and pursue a minor in Faith, Peace, & Justice. I am from Lake Forest, IL (about 30 miles North of Chicago), and I absolutely love BC.

When I was beginning to ponder colleges, I thought strictly in the Midwest until my counselor suggested BC. I have some family out here but never really considered applying because it was somewhat far from home. Despite my concerns, I decided to include BC in my list of schools to visit over Spring break of my junior year. Needless to say, I fell in love with it the moment I stepped on campus. The beauty of the buildings, strong academic programs, wide array of clubs and other extra-curricular opportunities, and spirited student body is what attracted me to the school. Now that I have been here for over a month, I can affirm that my perception of BC was accurate and has not changed at all. This is a great place to be and everyone I meet is just as happy as I am.

I have managed to become involved in a few clubs on campus, through student activities day and my researching of them before school began. I am a member of the Emerging Leaders Program and I am also on the Leadership Council for Boston College Republicans, along with my newly found work with SAP on this blog and through the High School Visits program. While it may seem like a lot, I find it very easy to manage my time due to the much more free time I have been given at college compared to that in high school. My first suggestion to all high school students entering college: GET INVOLVED! I have met a lot of new people in my clubs that I wouldn't meet otherwise and it is very easy to find a group that shares your passions.

I will do my best to post regularly to share my own experiences and discuss the new things I learn each week here at school. Feel free to ask me any questions through email or on Facebook, I will do my best to answer them. Until next time, GO EAGLES!

-Seth
yarkony@bc.edu

No comments: