Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday before Spring Break!

Hi again!

So today is the Thursday before we go on Spring Break! The campus libraries have been absolutely packed this past week because of midterms, and everyone is going crazy trying to complete all of their papers/exams before we go on Spring Break on Friday. I only had one midterm this week (in Managerial Accounting) and am looking forward to 3 when I return...ah!

For Spring Break, I'm going to Cancun with a few of my friends from BC. I'm really looking forward to relaxing and being in the sun for a change! It's been quite chilly up here in Boston this past week. For break, a lot of my friends are going on service trips with the Appalachia Volunteers, something that I participated in last year as a freshman. I went to Narrows, Virginia, and got to know the community very well while helping them with any construction/town-wide tasks that needed to be completed. It was an amazing experience and I am jealous of everyone going on Appalachia this year (especially the people going to Narrows)! I made wonderful friendships, had a blast, helped people in need, and learned a lot about myself through Appalachia; I definitely want to go on another trip before I graduate.

Well, that's all for now! Best,
Mary

No comments: