Sunday, April 10, 2011

Homework is always better with good weather.

Hi all! Right now I am blogging while sitting outside my dorm because the sun is out and it's wonderfully warm. Nearly everyone on Upper campus is outside playing basketball and frisbee. Unfortunately I had to write part of a research paper this morning, but I really didn't mind because the weather is so amazing. Thankfully, I also managed my time on this assignment, so the ten-page thing really wasn't intimidating.

As a college student you're bound to have a research paper assignment at some point. When that happens to you, the library will suddenly become your best friend. Here at BC we're incredibly lucky to have O'Neill library as a resource. When I first realized the diverse range of books in our library, I was a Steve Urkel on the nerd scale. For a few days I found an immensely dorky pleasure in checking out stacks of books. Of course, I didn't end up needing some of them, but it was fun while it lasted. Anyway, my point to all of this is that research shouldn't be impossible, and BC has any resources you might ever need, on any subject and in any language. Writing this research paper has given me a huge sense of accomplishment and I've learned so much. On a side note, if you ever end up in O'Neill library, make sure you check out the view of Boston on the top floor. It's pretty amazing.

To reward myself for completing my research paper, I'm going into Newton Center for dinner with friends, then going to an a cappella concert (second time in three weeks), then an improv comedy show. It should be really fun!

Stay tuned for my next post, which may or may not include another a cappella concert!


--Kristen
CSOM 2014
volinskk@bc.edu <---- email me with any questions you have about BC, CSOM, anything!

No comments: